We will be at the Volta Art Fair in New York, so do come and visit our booth there. We will be showing a range of works by Alex Jones, Josh Rowell, Zavier Ellis, Tafadzwa Masudi and Guillermo Martin Bermejo, amongst others.
Guillermo Martin Bermejo’s pencil drawings describe a romantic inner world populated by the creative minds that have comforted and inspired him. Some are simple portraits drawn on pages taken from old books; others develop into elaborate scenes where these characters from the canons of creative history interact with the settings and traditions of the artist’s village in the mountains north of Madrid. Their disarmingly naive quality belies the complexity of this personal realm, where fiction overlaps with reality and the narratives of famous artists interweave with Guillermo’s own life.
Guillermo Martin Bermejo is a Spanish artist from Madrid based in a small village in the mountains north of Madrid. His most recent institutional solo exhibition, ‘La Pleyade de la Espana Moderna’, was held at Museo Lázaro Galdiano in Madrid in 2019 – 2020. In 2020 Madrid’s Museum of Contemporary Art acquired a series of twelve drawings for their collection. He has also exhibited at Newchild Gallery in Antwerp (2021); Rossi Contemporary in Brussels (2021); the Real Academia de San Fernando, Madrid (2018); Museo Carmen Thyssen Málaga (2017); and the Fundación Santiago y Segundo Montes, Valladolid (2016). His works appear in a number of notable collections, including the Museum of Contemporary Art (Conde Duque), Madrid; Koc Collection, Istanbul; Katrin Bellinger Collection, London; The Perimeter Collection, London; Museum Lázaro Galdiano, Madrid; Colección Caja Madrid; Colección Caja España (Valladolid); Biblioteca Francisco Javier Martin Abril (Valladolid); and the Spanish Embassy in Tokyo, Japan.
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Austerlitz
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Bernard et sa réflexion
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Georg Trakl
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Gulliver in Lilliput
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Knud Rasmussen
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – L’Apprenti antiquaire
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Lazarus said no
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Le Bastion de Jean
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Memento Mori I (Elegy of an education)
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Première idée pour une descente
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Return to Oak Grove
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – River
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – The Gentlemanly Girl
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – The Knight and Death
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – The Root Ball
- Guillermo Martin Bermejo – Torrijos